Blu Ray Franchise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Madden NFL 11 Blu Ray Franchise

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesWebsiteRegisterLog in

Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
iampswii60
Apprentice

Credits : 5197

Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2010, 2:26 am

Offense - Be aware. Puts Jackson in the 3rd WR slot and has Westbrook as his number 1 WR the entire game. This causes huge problems if you assign you best CB to Jackson. He will not give you time to make the necessary adjustments when you have the game paused. Clock kept running out on me while making the needed changes to my depth chart. I had to keep pausing the game to restart the pause timer. No run game at all. Out of 8 runs 4 or 5 were QB runs. Key on his passing game. Will try to hit Jackson deep from the left side of the formation. On that same play the TE or WR in the slot on the right comes across the middle. His sets will say 2RB, 2WR and 1TE. It's one RB in the backfield and two WR's on one side with Westbrook usually by himself on the other side. I put alot of pressure on him. That kinda nullified his passing game a little. A few miscues on my part and by the computer allowed him some ok passing yards. I believe i picked him off two or three times. Be sure to assign you secondary to particular WR or HB (due to Westbrook being a WR now (LMAO). Will run the hurry sometimes (as do i Smile I suggest coming out in at least Nickel everytime.

Defense - It was pretty easy for me to run on him. I popped a few outside on him. Avg about 10 per carry. He seems to play Nickel or Dime personnel and audible to a different D. I could be wrong. This would explain my ability to run even with 6, 7 or 8 in the box. DB don't tackle as good as LB and DL. User skills with DB are average to below average. I would say take the chance and throw towards the person that he is controlling. Blitz'd quite a bit. You will always have you RB in the flats because of this. Portis had 9 or 10 catches. I don't key on flats i take what's there. When the pressure is on you have to do what you have to do. Try to hit stick too much. Horrible user tackler. Hit him with a quit out then in or in then out. Tries to hit stick and you are out.

Special Teams - Didn't return any but pretty good with Jackson returning. Be careful. He also covered his kicks and punts pretty well.

Overall - OK opponent. Because of his unorthodox offense and defense it forces you to play and think outside the box. Take your time and pick him apart with the pass and sprinkle about 10 - 15 runs in there.
Back to top Go down
HollyPopDid
Commissioner
HollyPopDid

Credits : 5360

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2010, 9:50 am

Great write-up, IAMP. (: Looks like you were a great addition to the league.

Not sure why Westbrook's a WR, lol. I thought Reggie Bush was the only RB that gained some skill as a Receiver. On the pause menu part, I think a rule should be discussed on that. A league I have says you can't resume unless the one that paused in the first place resumes (unless it extends to 5min+). And all that ****.
Back to top Go down
http://blurayfranchise.creaforum.net
iampswii60
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2010, 11:26 am

Yea, the pause thing was annoying. You really have to make personnel changes when people do what he does. Plus you never know if a person has something going on in the house. Child, wife or anything. At least give them a min to tend to business if needed. We all have a life going on around us while playing madden.

I am in three other leagues and they all state you must allow your opponent to make personnel changes and corrections. Also don't unpause if you didn't pause.
Back to top Go down
HollyPopDid
Commissioner
HollyPopDid

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2010, 3:00 pm

I. Pausing: We all have phones, front doors, pets, wives, children, etc that sometimes require immediate attention at inconvenient times. If you are forced to pause the game and need more than 3 minutes to restart, make sure to hit your "PS" button, go to the messaging system and send your opponent a message thru the Playstation Network telling them you need to hold the game for a few minutes. When you return, message your opponent again to let them know you are back. Wait for their response acknowledging you have returned, then resume the game.

If someone pauses the game during play, do NOT hit the Resume Game button until you see the 30 second timer in the upper right corner, or 3 minutes have passed, whichever comes first. Your opponent should message you thru the PSN in the event that they need more than 3 minutes to handle whatever has caused them to need to pause.

------------------

That's the rule for the other league I'm in. Works great and relieves pausing drama. I'll send a message to Pill and talk about that.
Back to top Go down
jtconnolly/jiggaman16
Head Coach
jtconnolly/jiggaman16

Credits : 5353

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 6:11 pm

Just a question???

Isn't that consider cheesey play??? Westbrook sloted as #1 WR the entire game. Exclamation Also, hurry up is not allowed unless you are under two minutes left in the half or game or your down big.
Back to top Go down
iampswii60
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 6:36 pm

jtconnolly/jiggaman16 wrote:
Just a question???

Isn't that consider cheesey play??? Westbrook sloted as #1 WR the entire game. Exclamation Also, hurry up is not allowed unless you are under two minutes left in the half or game or your down big.

I personally think that having your RB slotted as a WR the entire game is not sim but i won't argue or complain about it. He is a weak WR lol. Do that **** everytime lol.

The hurry is run by a few teams in the league. Colts run it at the start of the game sometimes. As long as it's not run the entire game for every play i wouldn't call that cheesy. For instance, if I have a second and short and my opponnent comes out in a defense that is designed to stop the run and he stops me. I will call a hurry up for third down and audible to a better play to beat the defense that my opponent just played. Unless he has some good defensive audibles called he is toast LOL.

Plus you have some folks that call the same types of defense. If I see it and I run, let's say a passing play, and everyone is covered and I get sacked. I'll run a hurry up and audible to another play that I know could beat that particular D. It's part of the strategy of Madden. I think so many people in the Sim Madden community throw the word unsim at everything they see that they wouldn't do or can't stop. There are some unsim things but everyone in the nfl coaches a little different. Take for instance going for it on fouth down like the Pats did and lost the game. Bill said he would do it again in the same situation. How about a few years ago when the DAMN Bucs beat my skins by going for two at the end of the game instead of going for the extra point to send it to overtime. Man i am still pissed that they made it. I was yelling at my TV..."That is UNSIM Coach Gruden" LOL.

You see where i'm coming from. LOL. Seriously though, I am a sim player with alot of tolerance for different playing styles of different opponents. Do you without going too far outside the realm of possiblity. Every decision that I make will not be the same decision that another person would have made in that same situation and vice versa. My five cents on the situation.

I made the necessary adjustments and still won the game Smile
Back to top Go down
HollyPopDid
Commissioner
HollyPopDid

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 10:21 pm

jtconnolly/jiggaman16 wrote:
Just a question???

I don't really believe changing a Player's position is considered 'cheesing'. Some Runningbacks out there are actually better at the Receiver position, such as Reggie Bush. But I don't really think Westbrook is one of them.
Back to top Go down
jtconnolly/jiggaman16
Head Coach
jtconnolly/jiggaman16

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 12:54 pm

iampswii60 wrote:
The hurry is run by a few teams in the league. Colts run it at the start of the game sometimes. As long as it's not run the entire game for every play i wouldn't call that cheesy. For instance, if I have a second and short and my opponnent comes out in a defense that is designed to stop the run and he stops me. I will call a hurry up for third down and audible to a better play to beat the defense that my opponent just played. Unless he has some good defensive audibles called he is toast LOL.

I would check with Pill, because the way you are using hurry up might be considered cheese in this league, especially the third down comment. PER THE RULES: "Discretion should be used with the no huddle offense. Please do not abuse it. There is a time and place for the hurry up. If you choose to use hurry up offense it must be in a 2 minute drill situation, or if you are down big. Also please ensure that your opponent has a reasonable amount of time to select the defensive player of his choice."

Your third down comment does not allow the D time to do anything which becomes cheesey play. Hurry up also causes offsides and glitches. (puts players out of position, etc.) I would suggest not use it.

As for the RB to WR thing, I could care less, I just thought I would bring it up b/c some people complain about passing to the RB's. LOL
Back to top Go down
HollyPopDid
Commissioner
HollyPopDid

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 2:29 pm

Hurry Up's result in an Offsides penalty really pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
jtconnolly/jiggaman16
Head Coach
jtconnolly/jiggaman16

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 3:06 pm

HollyPopDid wrote:
Hurry Up's result in an Offsides penalty really pisses me off.

agreed, happens alot in lobby games. Many users use the hurry up/mutiple audible glitch to confuse the defenders which causes offsides and players to become uncovered. Its total BS. I literally hate hurry up offense, its very cheesey in my opinion. I won't play anyone that has greater than 4% on their hurry up stats. I think mine is at 0.8%, LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
pillBOXhat
Commissioner
pillBOXhat

Credits : 8693

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 6:00 pm

As was mentioned before, "Discretion should be used with the no huddle offense. Please do not abuse it. There is a time and place for the hurry up. If you choose to use hurry up offense it must be in a 2 minute drill situation, or if you are down big. Also please ensure that your opponent has a reasonable amount of time to select the defensive player of his choice."

I understand that sometimes you ca take advantage of a D after a play if you know the type of D they are using. However, using this with discretion will always be an issue. Maybe one owner would take advantage once, but others might go 3-4 times.

In the NFL, teams run the hurry up to take advantage of the opposing team's personnel. Sometimes the opposing team can get players in and out quickly, other times no. We can't do that in Madden so let's just stick to the rule on this subject.

Also, Westbrook should not be your #1 WR. He may be a WR in 4 WR sets or even come out of the backfield into a WR slot.

Thanks, guys.
Back to top Go down
iampswii60
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 11:06 pm

I give the D time to set, but most times they remain in the same set. Plus I only use it a few times a game and never two plays in a row unless it's under two min. I assure you I play sim.

Also, let me know if I am reading the rule wrong. It's preferred to be run under two min, but you can run it while not abusing it (hurry up). 2 or 3 times outside of the two min time zones is not unsim...I don't think. It's the commish call though. Let me know. I think I am going to start recording my games. That way there is no guess work when i comes to me Smile
Back to top Go down
pillBOXhat
Commissioner
pillBOXhat

Credits : 8693

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 11:44 pm

I haven't played u before but I feel comfortable believing u play sim. As for the hurry up offense, it can only be run under the 2 min mark. No exceptions. Thanks for understanding.
Back to top Go down
GoMikeVickGo

Credits : 4850

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 9:54 am

no worries fellas, we got a new Eagles owner and I never run the no-huddle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles   Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madden 10 - Philadelphia Eagles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blu Ray Franchise :: Main Lobby :: Scouting Reports :: Madden 10-
Jump to: