Blu Ray Franchise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Madden NFL 11 Blu Ray Franchise

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesWebsiteRegisterLog in

Rookies - Free Agents

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blu_Beast
Head Coach
Blu_Beast

Credits : 5411

Rookies - Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Rookies - Free Agents   Rookies - Free Agents I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 12:21 am

In the future we should consider only letting teams keep 1 rookie, each team will only have 2 (maybe 3) rookies that will ever even play.

To make it more realistic and harder we should let everyone only keep one of their draft picks and drop the rest and let them stay in FA. This will help keep to many FAKE players from effecting our second season. I honestly think we should impliment it now, but its hard to make rules on the spot without a HUGE fuss.

I also think we should cut the FA draft to one round, to put more players in the FA pool, to be bid on. Or do an auction draft. Where the first team picks a player and bids on him. Then it goes all the way through the league and if other teams want him they up the Ante and the team whos pick it was always has the option to match what the team offered if no other team bids on him. Its alot more simple than it sounds.

We could also consider combining the two drafts. Do the rookie first and then make everyone cut all but one rookie. Then add those rookies into the FA draft, and everyteam can have a max of 2 rookies. So when its your pick (regular or auction) you could bid on one of the rookies or the FAs that have been cut.

again, like always...just thoughts......
Back to top Go down
sirvikings24
Apprentice

Credits : 5191

PostSubject: Re: Rookies - Free Agents   Rookies - Free Agents I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 2:24 am

I would b against it. Isn't that what the rookie draft is all about, letting lesser teams have an early pick to make up for their lack of talent. But then to let the teams only keep one and start all over again. I will have 4 new starters from my rookie class and a 5th who I plan on making a considerable contribution. I got who I wanted, in the spot my team was slotted, I say leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
pillBOXhat
Commissioner
pillBOXhat

Credits : 8704

PostSubject: Re: Rookies - Free Agents   Rookies - Free Agents I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 2:11 pm

The rookie draft's fun part is finding rookies (even past the 3rd round) that can help your team. So limiting a team to keeping one rookie would make an owner not even want to stick around past the 1st round. Plus, the rookie draft results in more "real" free agents joining the free agent market.

The free agent draft went so smoothly that i dont think it will benefit from adding a bidding process to it. The bidding sounds like a fun element but it will only stall things. What I was thinking was maybe changing it to releasing one Top 5 player and one Top 15 player. Two players in total. One defensive and one offensive. This would make owners really think about who to release and it would make both rounds more intriguing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rookies - Free Agents   Rookies - Free Agents I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rookies - Free Agents
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blu Ray Franchise :: Main Lobby :: Suggestions-
Jump to: