Blu Ray Franchise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Madden NFL 11 Blu Ray Franchise

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesWebsiteRegisterLog in

Alert: Possible owner expulsion

Go down 
+6
gow29
MR_HEISMAN-
Sdcg81
bucfantb
BC_TwiztidKilla
pillBOXhat
10 posters
AuthorMessage
pillBOXhat
Commissioner
pillBOXhat

Credits : 8695

Alert: Possible owner expulsion Empty
PostSubject: Alert: Possible owner expulsion   Alert: Possible owner expulsion I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 2:26 pm

Team / Rule Break

Vikings / 4th down rule which affected the outcome of the game

In the game between the Vikings and Chiefs, the Vikings owner broke the 4th down rule in the second quarter, which resulted in a touchdown and directly affected the outcome of the game. The Vikes went for it on 4th and 2 in the 2nd quarter. The game ended with the Vikes winning 27-21.

I mentioned before that if a similar situation to the one that happened between the Falcons and Buccs occured again, it would lead to a removal from the Franchise. I hate to remove owners without some kind of second chance so I will leave the decision in the hands of the owners. Note however that I left it up to RL (Chiefs owner) to decide whether or not to remove the Vikes owner automatically or leave it up to a vote.

I ask all the owners to please vote for one of the following:

A: Removal from the franchise.
B: Suspension of QB McNabb and RB Peterson for 2 games
C: Harsher punishment. Please explain.

Please post your vote below or PM /Text it to me. Thank you.

Vote Status

A: 1 vote
B: 11 votes (including votes from Bluray discussion forum)

Last edited by pillBOXhat on October 12th 2011, 3:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
BC_TwiztidKilla

Credits : 4674

PostSubject: Re: Alert: Possible owner expulsion   Alert: Possible owner expulsion I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 2:37 pm

I think if this is his first offense he should lose 2 star players at least thats how i do it in my other league and then after that kick him for a week and loss of 3 players then after that gone for good
Back to top Go down
bucfantb
Head Coach
bucfantb

Credits : 4892

PostSubject: Vote   Alert: Possible owner expulsion I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 2:40 pm

My Vote: B

I have had this happen to me and I can't stress it enough that I agree with the stern rules. Yes there are times REAL NFL coaches go for it on 4th and short, but this is a SIM league, and you must play by the rules 100% of the time. I would never break a 4th down rule as they are the easiest ones to learn. Pull them up and have them next to you during your game if you need too. Pause the game and send your opponent a text message, but by blatantly going for it is just not showing respect. It's unfortunate for this owner, as losing both McNabb and most importantly Peterson creates a really difficult situation for him to win the next two games, but it's fair to me.

You can always get into the what if, what yard line, the score, etc. etc. But to me, all that goes out the window. Regardless of what REAL teams would do, this is a video game and we have the rules. If it says you cannot go for it on 4th down during your real situation in the game, just PUNT the ball and problems will always be solved.

I will never understand why it's so hard to play by the rules.

Last edited by bucfantb on October 11th 2011, 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sdcg81
Coach

Credits : 4787

PostSubject: Re: Alert: Possible owner expulsion   Alert: Possible owner expulsion I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 2:42 pm

If possible I would like to know what yard line and how much time was left on the clock in the 2qtr before I weigh in. If info is not available not a problem. Defenitly not a good sign though right after your league message reiterateing the importance of this particular rule.
Back to top Go down
MR_HEISMAN-
Athlete
MR_HEISMAN-

Credits : 4718

PostSubject: Re: Alert: Possible owner expulsion   Alert: Possible owner expulsion I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 3:09 pm

Based on the information provided and our rules I vote for option B, with a stipulation that if this owner has any other rule violations of any kind they be Removed from the Franchise.
Back to top Go down
gow29
Apprentice

Credits : 5187

PostSubject: Re: Alert: Possible owner expulsion   Alert: Possible owner expulsion I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 3:10 pm

I vote B. afro
Back to top Go down
pillBOXhat
Commissioner
pillBOXhat

Credits : 8695

PostSubject: Re: Alert: Possible owner expulsion   Alert: Possible owner expulsion I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 3:14 pm

Sdcg81 wrote:
If possible I would like to know what yard line and how much time was left on the clock in the 2qtr before I weigh in. If info is not available not a problem. Defenitly not a good sign though right after your league message reiterateing the importance of this particular rule.

it was on the 7-yard line with a few secs left. however, the main point is that a rule was broken no matter the field situation. as bucfan mentioned, this is a game and we all agreed to the rules when we signed up. i've made the 4th down rule as liberal as I can, but im always open to suggestions.
Back to top Go down
BattleScarredShogun
Coach

Credits : 4998

PostSubject: Re: Alert: Possible owner expulsion   Alert: Possible owner expulsion I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 3:14 pm

1st offense I vote B.

Back to top Go down
warped71
Head Coach
warped71

Credits : 5469

Option B
Back to top Go down
JC_20010
Head Coach
JC_20010

Credits : 5159

PostSubject: Re: Alert: Possible owner expulsion   Alert: Possible owner expulsion I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 3:32 pm

Option B.
Back to top Go down
RL10529
Head Coach

Credits : 5035

PostSubject: Re: Alert: Possible owner expulsion   Alert: Possible owner expulsion I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 3:42 pm

B
Back to top Go down
Sdcg81
Coach

Credits : 4787

PostSubject: Re: Alert: Possible owner expulsion   Alert: Possible owner expulsion I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 1:53 pm

pillBOXhat wrote:
Sdcg81 wrote:

it was on the 7-yard line with a few secs left. however, the main point is that a rule was broken no matter the field situation. as bucfan mentioned, this is a game and we all agreed to the rules when we signed up. i've made the 4th down rule as liberal as I can, but im always open to suggestions.

Yes i agree the only reason i ask is cause if it was like on the 50 yard line with like 4 min to play i would vote for explosion from the league. In this case i vote for the 2 player suspension. I am not justifying the rules being broke. He broke them and should be punished. I think option B with a stern warning ie if it happens again league explosion. So my vote is Player suspension.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alert: Possible owner expulsion   Alert: Possible owner expulsion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alert: Possible owner expulsion
Page 1 of 1